Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TV

TV! TV! TV! I can't help it. There is just something abut the television that captures my attention. I can' ttell you what, but it is there. I can watch just about anything, whether it is a cartton, a drama, a movie, a comedy, something educational, something stupid, something live, a reality show, like I said, anything! Like everyone though, there are TV shows that are airing new epsidoes right now I keep a tab on, and I make sure I watch every week. Obviously there are 'old' TV shows I love, but they've been cancelled, so for this post, they just don't fit in (sorry Boy Meets World, The Nanny, and of course, Gilmore Girls). In this I'll probably just end up rambling about issues on my TV shows, my favorite characters, and why the hell the writers are screwing with my brain all the time. So, Lost fans, House fans, and CSI:NY fans, here we go!
So, we start with Lost. Plane crashes, stuck on an island, and crazy things begin to happen. This show is a brain killer. What was worse was I strated watching it in Januray which meant I was 3 years behind, and I had a month until the fourth season started, so I watched my friends DVD's for what felt like ever. But then season 4 started, and I kind of regretted putting my brain through, considering this show was like nothing I had seen before. So many secrets, so many storylines to keep track of. So much information being thrown in your face! Yet, it is genius. Pure genius, there has been nothing like this that I can recall on TV. In this show, it'l probably end, and we still wont know everything. Which is probably the way it is supposed to be. The differences in the characters makes the show well rounded, and it gives my people to root for and against, along with making me even more confused =].
Then there is the lovely show of House. A medical show, yes, the main focus being on diagnosing the patient and helping their crazy problems that happen so rarely they deserve to be shown to the world. But there is more to this show that meets the eye. Character devlopment is huge in this show. Gregory House is known as the jerk. He says everything everyone is think but he just doesn't care what you think. What a perfect character, right? The way he interacts with his team of doctors and his colleagues has one guessing every epsiode how these people function just knowing him. There is more to him than being an ass though. Who wouldn't want to hang around with someone who says it like it is? That just takes all the pressure off you, right?!
First there was CSI: Las Vegas. Then there was CSI: Miami. Fianlly, there was CSI: New York. This one caught my attention most, and I fell in love with it almost instantly. I love the idea of using science while at the same time solving a puzzle to put a perpetrator behind bars. I love the science of forensics and how they work. too bad real life CSI isn't anything like the TV shows, but hey we can all dream right? This show is just different from the other ones. Las Vegas was the original, everything was fresh and new, Miami is well, Miami, there are beach dramas, hotel dramas, tourist dramas. But New York City, is an array of crazyness. What isn't there in New York? There is city, Central Park, a river, everything one could want for commitiing murder, and everything for the NYPD to use against those criminals. It's a perfect mix.
So these shows might not sound like masterpieces from my little interpretations, but they aren't the point of this post. The point is that we all like different things, for different reasons, and somehow, somwhere, something on TV is going to depict it. And that is fascinating. It makes you fell less alone, it makes you feel like you aren't the only idiot who has a love for plane crashes, brutally frank doctors, or the perfect city for crime.

1 comment:

aodhan said...

While I do have my favorite shows, I personally do not like watching television as much as you do. There is nothing wrong with watching TV but I just do not like sitting around for long periods of time. After a while I just get restless and I will start to walk around looking for something to do. I do like House and CSI though. I think that those are two pretty good shows. Also, like you said so many shows have plots that revolve around previous shows, and if you miss one, you can be confused until you see it.